Skip to main content

Tunnels & Trolls Cheat Sheet

When learning a new system, I often reduce the rules down to a simple reference document. I do this even for the most minimal games, taking perverse pleasure in reducing an elegant 2-page system into an unhelpfully dense 1/2-page system.

I recently joined a PbP game using the stripped-down, free version of Tunnels & Trolls, fifth edition. We're all new to the system. In the spirit of learning together, here's the document. I hope it's useful.


I also hope it's accurate. Being new to the game, I may have misinterpreted  what I was reading. Please be gentle in your corrections—I'm a sensitive flower.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knave 2e Alternate Attributes

Sometimes, I'm exactly in the mood for the classic simplicity of defining characters entirely by D&D's six attributes, as Knave does. But sometimes, I want the players have have just a little smidge more to fiddle with.

Lasers & Feelings, RetroRocket

 Necro-Cavaliers of the Astral Galaxy reminded me of just how much fun John Harper's Lasers and Feelings is. So I made a hack. Like so many others have. There's no new titular dichotomy for my hack, even though lasers aren't so much a part of the 30's era, Buck Rogers-style, planetary romances I wanted to emulate. Something like "Rockets & Romance" would have been entirely genre appropriate, but there's no improving on the geek poetry of declaring "I rolled LaserFeelings!" Anyway, I hope you like it. Let me know if you play it! LASERS & FEELINGS, RETROROCKET (pdf) Here's some of my previous noodlings along the same retro-futuristic lines: Ray Guns Food Pills Strange Powers An Exaltation of Rockets