Skip to main content

The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs (Stats)

 

Illustration from Aesop's Fables depicting a peasant holding a golden egg while a goose looks on

Golden Egg-Laying Goose

Small metaphor, unaligned

Armor Class 12 (natural armor)

Hit Points 7 (2d6)

Speed 30 ft., fly 40 ft., swim 30 ft.


STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

6 (-2) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 5 (-3) 14 (+2) 8 (-1)


Golden Egg Layer. If fed, cared for, and allowed to wander through the community, the Golden Egg-Laying Goose happily lays 1 golden egg (100 gp) each day.

Under-monetized. The Golden Egg-Laying Goose will usually lay this egg at the home of the Wizards who own it, however, there is a 1-in-6 chance that it lays one the egg while out in the community.

Revocable. The Wizards can, at any time, stop the Golden Egg-Laying Goose from leaving its eggs out in the community by cutting it open to see how much gold is inside it. This will yield a quantity of goose meat equivalent to 4 rations, a bunch of goose guts, and no gold.


ACTIONS

Peck. +3 to hit, (1d6 + 1) piercing damage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knave 2e Alternate Attributes

Sometimes, I'm exactly in the mood for the classic simplicity of defining characters entirely by D&D's six attributes, as Knave does. But sometimes, I want the players have have just a little smidge more to fiddle with.

Lasers & Feelings, RetroRocket

 Necro-Cavaliers of the Astral Galaxy reminded me of just how much fun John Harper's Lasers and Feelings is. So I made a hack. Like so many others have. There's no new titular dichotomy for my hack, even though lasers aren't so much a part of the 30's era, Buck Rogers-style, planetary romances I wanted to emulate. Something like "Rockets & Romance" would have been entirely genre appropriate, but there's no improving on the geek poetry of declaring "I rolled LaserFeelings!" Anyway, I hope you like it. Let me know if you play it! LASERS & FEELINGS, RETROROCKET (pdf) Here's some of my previous noodlings along the same retro-futuristic lines: Ray Guns Food Pills Strange Powers An Exaltation of Rockets